- A checking account that earns higher dividends
- Dividends are paid monthly using the daily balance method
- No per-check charges
- Surcharge-free ATM’s available nationwide
- 24/7 eService access
Check Plus Checking
Earn higher interest, without a bunch of extra requirements. It’s simple, carry a minimum daily balance of $2,500 and you’ll earn a higher dividends than what a traditional checking account might pay. Plus, we will waive the $5 monthly service charge* when your balance is greater than $2,500 during the dividend/interest period.
MasterCard Debit Card
A free MasterCard debit card is the easy way to pay — simply swipe or insert your card at the register! It’s faster and safer than carrying cash or checks with you.
Pair your EMV chip debit card with CardNav to give yourself more protection against fraud for free! Add additional protection by signing up for Kasasa Protect.
Make Every Cent Count
Whatever your checking needs are, Astera is here to help!
Minimum Balance Dividend/ Interest Rate APY $2,500 0.05% 0.05%
*This account will not earn interest unless it maintains a minimum daily balance of $2,500.
Frequently Asked Questions
Overdraft Protection can offer you peace-of-mind even if you do not end up utilizing it! This service protects you in the case of non-sufficient funds. Transfers from a Line of Credit or from funds within your account can be utilized to avoid fees in the case of an overdraft. Your Overdraft Protection can also be covered by Courtesy Pay. This service comes with a $30.00 service charge every time it is used.
Having to take time out of your day to pay bills can be a real hassle. Avoid making late payments and pay bills from your own computer.
With our updated One-Click Bill Pay service, paying bills is faster and easier than ever! Need to pay a friend or family member? All you need is their email address and a shared password to quickly transfer funds to another person.
With features you can set up, like alerts and reminders, you'll find it's easy to keep up with your payments. Login to your online banking account to set up Bill Pay today!
With Bill Pay you can:
- PAY in just one click. Find the person or company, enter the payment amount and date, and click “Pay.”
- VIEW all payees, upcoming bills and payment history.
- ADD a new payee faster than ever. Click the “Add a payee” button to add a person or company.
- SET UP recurring payments and save time each month. Simply select “Make it recurring” next to your payee.
- SEE payment amounts and due dates of upcoming bills. Click on the “eBill” icon next to your payee.
To learn more about Bill Pay, click here to watch a demo.
At Astera, we offer several options in checking accounts. Our Kasasa Checking accounts do not require a minimum balance. Our Choice Checking account does come with a $5.00 service charge, for accounts that do not carry a $500.00 daily minimum balance, but you can choose to roll down that service charge by doing things you may already be doing such as:
- Enroll for E-Statements - $3.00 reduction
- Have at least 1 automatic direct deposit (ACH) or online bill payment clear per month - $1.00 reduction.
- Utilize your Astera Credit Union MasterCard debit card – for every transaction per month you will receive a $0.10 cent reduction.
A $30 fee will be applied to your account, in order to stop payment on a check/draft.
You have up to 30 days to bring your account current if it should go negative. The next thing you should do is take action to prevent this from happening again. How? Set up another account as a failsafe to transfer funds if your checking account happens to go negative for any reason. Or, you can sign up for Overdraft protection, which the credit union will cover any overages you accidently may incur.
To contact us please submit a question using the button below. A Member Service Representative will get back to you as soon as possible. Or, you can contact us at 517-323-3644.
Check Plus Checking
If you carry a higher balance in your checking, this may be the perfect account for you.
Earn better than average rates with check plus checking
What are you waiting for? Get started today.
*The $5 monthly service charge is waived when the daily balance is greater than $2,500 during dividend/interest period.